Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hi all,
This year I got a chance to visit the Christmas party in the elementary school and kindergarden. It was th event, which I have never seen in my life. I am from Russia. We have a long lasting tradition to arrange New Year parties for children and teenages. During school winter hollidays all Moscow theatres and concerthall host children, but it is very formal. The party I saw in Calgary school was different. The large sport hall was full of children and their parents and grandparents. There was a large scene, decorated lire in the reak theatre. Scenic Acres School im association with Trickster Theatre presented the play " Celebration Around the World". Boys and girl were playing as real professional. They played together with nthe actors. Fathermore, some parents (fathers) were also involved in the play. Itg was a surprised. None of them refused to participate. All the audience was absolutely happy. It was fantastic.
I wonder if anybody, who possilbly read this post could say a few words about Christmas party at school in their countries?
Yulia

2 comments:

EsTella said...

HOOOOO
hi Yulia...I really want to say sth about Chirstmas Party in China...........But we never really celebrate it...Every time when the Chirstmas comes our teachers just told us: don't be so excited...Chirstmas has nothing to do with you guys...Wwwwwwww. So my friends and I only celebrate X'mas secretly in our domitory...

Scott Douglas said...

It sounds like you had such a wonderful experience at that Christmas Party!