Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hi all.
I am happy, my computer is in order.
Do you like Calgary and people who live there? I do. It seems to me that one might feel something special about the local life. How it could happen that people here in Calgary are not absolutely aggressive? They respect each other, are always ready to help. They are patient in lines both in a bank or in the Superstore. They dont press you when you are driving not so confidently and never try to teach you. Such behaviour is really amazing, because the world around us is very competetive. Whay makes them so benevolent and supportive?
I wonder if somebody could express your opinion about this question.
Yulia.

6 comments:

EsTella said...

I have the same feeling as you have.. I like the people here, they r always ready to help,

I think it's a kind of culture to help people as much as you could in here, and also because here in calgary life is not really competitive as some big sities....

Good luck with you happy blogging!!!!!

Sane A said...

great thing that you feel comfortabl in the new Calgary! :) they're very helpful and that's something i witnesed with my own eyes!

but i also think u should always be careful and never let anyone cross their line!
take care Yulia

Jennifer said...

There are two kinds of Canadians. One is warm Canadian, and the other is cold Canadian~~ u r very lucky that all the people around u are warm ~~
enjoy ur life here!!!

Felice said...

I agreed with you untill I met an unbelievable driver in a parking lot near some mall. When we asked him to back up a bit so we could park our car, he showed his middle finger... Can you imagine an old guy (about 60 years old) doing that????? I was shocked :O

Scott Douglas said...

It's funny, I thought people in Calgary have been kind of aggressive lately. That's because when I first moved to Calgary, there were only 600,000 people here, but now there are a million! I'm glad you still think Calgarians are nice.

Carlos Pulici said...

Hi Yulia,
Thank for your comment, but I don't think that I can write so good as you said. I am tring very hard to write, and it is not easy because the maner that the Canadians write is very different from what I learned.
I hope that you could understand and enjoy the culture and people here in Canada. They are great. I have had only good experiences here.

Carlos